What a disaster is all I have to say after that dismal game against the Eagles. But it did have all the things that a recent-era Bears fan should expect, including:
– playing decent in the first half and then completely falling apart in the second half
– losing at home – we were 1-7 last year and starting off at 0-1 and things are looking grim
– critical injuries – a couple of key defensive starters and then Cutty
– “backbreaker” play by Cutty – that interception near the end of the first half. Dan texted me “backbreaker” and I knew it was true
– team dissension – McPhee fighting with Cutty (damn that dude isn’t even playing)
– bad turnover ratio – defense didn’t get any turnovers
– fans booing the team – Dan said fans were booing at half time
Traffic is up at Fire Everybody. Frankly I’m kind of out of gas already because firing management isn’t going to clean up this mess any time soon.
Also – Cutty haters – this one is for you. You can see the glorious horizon that is life without Cutty. I saw the game vs. Seattle last year where we had ZERO first downs and Pickles was the QB. Do you know that was the only time in modern football history when that happened? Think about that a bit as we enjoy the bounty of terrible QB’s that await us, each to be smashed by our terrible O line, lack of tight ends, and generally dumb play calling.
Sorry if I’m bitter but it was so bad in the bar that I was watching the game in that the Eagles fans were taking pity on me. Think about that – Eagles fans actually being nice to you. Damn.